The Association of Nondestructive Testing Practitioners (ANTEP) will hold a Technical & Business Seminar 17th March 2020 at Hotel Presidential, Port Harcourt.
The Technical & Business Seminar aims to bring together all industry and stakeholder representatives for an exposition on the largely underplayed relevance of NDT in the Oil and Gas practice in Nigeria and the great role of NDT in disaster prevention in the Oil and Gas industry, employment generation, economic contributions, human capacity development through training in specialist skills and indigenous industrial development emanating from the sector; discuss issues and possibilities surrounding the practice in Nigeria and how all may contribute to its development and growth to its highest potential in-country and in line with the Local Content Act (2010) requirements.
EXPECTED PAPERS AT THE TECHNICAL & BUSINESS SEMINAR
- The role of the Local Content Board in the promotion of NDT in Nigeria – The Journey so far – NCDMB
- Encouraging standard practice of NDT in Nigeria – the role of SHELL.
- Reviewing the industry contractual process to grow local capacity in NDT - ANTEP
- The Exxonmobil approach to local NDT development in Nigeria – Exxonmobil.
- Safety and Security of NDT Practice in Nigeria, the Regulatory Requirements for use of ionizing radiation devices and proper interpretations thereof – NNRA
- Stakeholder responsibilities in securing radiation sources in NDT practice – The Bomb Squad, Nigeria Police.
- Assuring Pipeline Integrity through Quality NDT Practice - Regulatory Policies – NNPC (DPR)